This file contains change information for the current Zope release. Change information for previous versions of Zope can be found at https://zope.readthedocs.io/en/2.13/CHANGES.html
For the change log of the alpha versions see https://github.com/zopefoundation/Zope/blob/4.0a6/CHANGES.rst
- Nothing changed yet.
- Test that
str.formatchecks security for accessed keys and items. The real fix is in the AccessControl package, version 4.0b1. Part of PloneHotfix20171128.
- Made Redirect unavailable as url. Part of PloneHotfix20171128.
- Fixed DocumentTemplate version 3.0b2 fixes #179 (ZMI navtree error).
- Re-add a link to refresh the ZMI menu tree on the left.
- Install a default page for the root view in new installations again.
- Re-raise app exceptions if x-wsgiorg.throw_errors is True in the request environ.
- Fix path expressions trying to call views that do not implement __call__.
- Move _html to HTTPBaseResponse since it is shared by HTTPResponse and WSGIResponse.
- Fix unpickling of instances created before 4.0b2 those classes changed from old-style classes to new-style classes.
- Prevent UnicodeDecodeError when publishing image (bytes) responses without content-type
- Move Products.SiteAccess back here from ZServer distribution.
- Update dependencies to current versions.
- Add support for IPv6 addresses for the trusted-proxy zope.conf setting.
- Fix special double under methods on HTTPRequest.record class.
- Add missing version pin for Zope2 in versions-prod.cfg.
HTTPExceptionHandlerto be usable as part of the WSGI pipeline in testbrowser tests.
- Explicitly make all classes new-style classes.
With this release the egg of the project is named Zope instead of Zope2. There is a meta package named Zope2 which depends on Zope.
See https://zope.readthedocs.io/en/latest/WHATSNEW.html for a higher level description of the changes.
- Add support for Python 3.4, 3.5 and 3.6.
- Drop support for Python 2.6.
- Removed the old help system, in favor of the current Sphinx documentation hosted at https://zope.readthedocs.io/. For backwards compatibility the registerHelp and registerHelpTitle methods are still available on the ProductContext used during the initialize function.
- Remove ZMI re-ordering features.
- Retired icons from the Zope Management Interface and various smaller cleanups of ZMI screens.
- Remove xml-export.
- Remove Globals package, opened database are now found in Zope2.opened next to Zope2.DB.
- Remove proxy role support from DTML documents and methods.
- Remove Products.ZReST and the reStructuredText wrapper, you can use docutils directly to gain reST support.
- Stop setting
CLIENT_HOMEas a builtin, get it via
- Drop OFS.History functionality.
- Removed OFS.DefaultObservable - an early predecessor of zope.event.
- Removed OFS.ZDOM. OFS.SimpleItem.Item now implements getParentNode().
- Removed special code to create user folders and page templates while creating new OFS.Folder instances.
- Removed the App.version_txt.getZopeVersion API, you can use
- On the application object, removed PrincipiaTime in favor of ZopeTime and PrincipiaRedirect in favor of Redirect or ZopeRedirect.
- Removed bobobase_modification_time from Persistence.Persistent, you can use DateTime(object._p_mtime) instead.
- Removed the special handling of Set-Cookie headers in HTTPResponse.setHeader. Use the setCookie/appendCookie/expireCookie methods instead, or if low-level control is needed, use addHeader instead to get the exact same effect.
BadRequestinstead of returning MessageDialog.
- Update available HTTP response code, 302 is now called
browser:pagedirectives. This makes their implementation more similar to that in
zope.browserpageand adds allowed_interface support for the
browser:viewdirective. By default the aq_* attributes are no longer available on those views/pages.
- Removed the last remaining code to support SOFTWARE_HOME and ZOPE_HOME.
- Simplified instance skeleton, removing old Extensions, import, lib/python and Products from the default. You can continue to manually add these back. (Products requires ZServer to be usable.)
- Remove the zopectl script.
- Document running Zope as a WSGI application.
- Remove Connection and Transfer-Encoding headers from WSGI responses. According to PEP 333 WSGI applications must not emit hop-by-hop headers.
- Ensure that the
WSGIPublisherbegins and ends an interaction at the request/response barrier. This is required for instance for the
checkPermissioncall to function without an explicit
- Make the WSGIPublisher normalize HTTP exception classes based on name (for example, any exception named NotFound will be converted into zExceptions.NotFound). This restores compatibility with similar behavior of the old publisher.
- Change the WSGIResponse exception methods to raise exceptions instead
of returning responses. This includes
- Add support for exception views to WSGIPublisher.
- Add support for
TransientErrorretry logic directly into WSGIPublisher, thus repoze.tm2 and repoze.retry are no longer needed and no longer supported.
- Change Testing to use the WSGI publisher for functional and testbrowser
based tests incl. functional doctests. Alternatives are available
- Split a WSGI part out of Zope2.Startup.ZopeStarter.
waitressas a default WSGI app server.
- Add egg:Zope#httpexceptions WSGI middleware.
- Add a new runwsgi script to serve PasteDeploy files.
- Support ZODB 5.
- Removed persistent default content like standard_error_message, error_log, temp_folder and index_html.
- Removed ZMI controls for restarting the process, these no longer apply when managed as a WSGI application.
- Remove DebugInfo and DavLocks from control panel.
- Move the undo management to Control Panel -> Databases -> Database -> Undo.
- Simplify ZMI control panel and globally available management screens.
- Remove control panel object from the ZODB, it is no longer persistent.
- Split out
ZServerpackages into a ZServer project.
ZPublisher.Publishmodule into ZServer distribution.
Products.SiteAccessinto ZServer distribution.
- Move ZServer related testing support into
- Always configure a blob-dir in the default skeleton.
- Removed mime-types option from zope.conf. You can use the add_files API from zope.contenttype instead.
- Removed various persistent product related code and options.
- Split a WSGI part out of zopeschema.xml. This reduces the supported zope.conf directives when run under WSGI. If a directive is now unkown it might have been moved to the ZServer package. See https://github.com/zopefoundation/ZServer/blob/master/src/ZServer/Zope2/Startup/zopeschema.xml for the directives which are supported via ZServer.
- Remove profiling support via publisher-profile-file directive.
- Changed the value for
utf-8. If you set a different value for
- Removed the
enable-ms-author-viadirective which was only required for very old web folder implementations from before 2007.
- Changed zope.conf default settings for
Integrate code from and drop dependency on five.globalrequest.
Integrate five.pt code directly into Products.PageTemplates.
Drop ZopeUndo dependency.
Remove Products.StandardCacheManagers dependency.
Remove dependency on initgroups. Use the standard libraries
Merge Products.OFSP project back in.
Products.SiteErrorLog is now a separated package and Zope no longer depends on it.
Split Products.TemporaryFolder and Products.ZODBMountPoint into one new project called Products.TemporaryFolder.
Create new Products.Sessions distribution including
Dropped the direct dependencies on packages that have been factored out of the main Zope 2 tree. Make sure you declare a dependency in your own distribution if you still use one of these:
- Five.browser: Marked processInputs and setPageEncoding as deprecated. processInputs was replaced by the postProcessInputs request method and the charset negotiation done by setPageEncoding was never fully supported.
- Add support to SameSite cookie in
- Optimized the OFS.ObjectManager.__contains__ method to do the least amount of work necessary.
- Optimized the OFS.Traversable.getPhysicalPath method to avoid excessive amounts of method calls.
- During startup open a connection to every configured database, to ensure all of them can indeed be accessed. This avoids surprises during runtime when traversal to some database mountpoint could fail as the underlying storage cannot be opened at all.
- Explicitly close all databases on shutdown, which ensures Data.fs.index gets written to the file system.
- ZPublisher: If IBrowserPage is provided by a view, form input is decoded.
This makes it easier to use
z3c.formin Zope 2.
- Fix reflective XSS in findResult.
- Patch zope.interface to remove docstrings and avoid publishing.
- Don’t copy items the user is not allowed to view.
- Quote variable in manage_tabs to avoid XSS.
- Removed docstrings from some methods to avoid publishing them.
- LP #789863: Ensure that Request objects cannot be published / traversed directly via a URL.
- Port tests for
str.formatsecurity fix from Zope 2.13.
- PropertyManagers and PropertySheets now correctly accept all forms of strings as property values.
- Allow handling of multipart requests in functional doctests using
- Fix Content-Length header for non-ascii responses incl. a base tag.
- bobo_traverse of ProductDispatcher did not correctly invalidate cache when a product was not initializes after first access of the cache. Types that were added in test-profiles were not useable.
- Issue #16: prevent leaked connections when broken
EndRequestEventsubscribers raise exceptions.
- Made sure
getConfiguration().default_zpublisher_encodingis set correctly.
- Issue #28: Fix publishing of
IStreamIterator. This interface does not have seek or tell. Introduce
IUnboundStreamIteratorto support publishing iterators of unknown length.
- Removed the (very obsolete) thread lock around the cookie parsing code in HTTPRequest.py; the python re module is thread-safe, unlike the ancient regex module that was once used here.